The New Year is approaching quickly and I thought it would be cool as a community to think of some New Year's Resolutions we can all push for together. Specifically, let's look at our stats:
There are a few things I would like to see:
- Raise in answer rate. To do this we need to make sure whenever a question is answered, we make sure as a community that we mark that as the correct answer. If you see a question that appears to be answered and the user is new, a polite, friendly reminder that they can mark the answer as correct could be very beneficial.
- Raise our answer to question ratio. Do you have a different way to solve a question that already has an answer? No problem. Even if the other answer has already been accepted you can still answer that question. You can use this to get yourself to the Sportsmanship badge!
- Raise overall rep of our user base. We only have 28 users with 3000+ rep. For a site with 282 avid users, 28 is a bit low. We only have 47 users above even 2000+ rep. I shared my views on voting not too long ago, so I won't go into too much but let's keep voting! I have seen a big uptick in voting since we discussed it, but we can do even better!
- Spread the word more! Have you ever read a cool Q&A and thought, wow that is really interesting? Well, if you have, share it! Each post has a small link at the bottom that will give you a link you can use to share. If you get enough unique hits, you can earn the Announcer, Booster, or even Publicist badge(s). The more people involved with the community, the more we can learn!
- Let's chat! This is more of a personal goal, but I need your help to do it! This site has a Chat feature that can and should be utilized. I personally haven't used this in the past but I want to get more involved and start talking more directly with all of you.
So, what would you like to see? What would you like us to strive for?