I double majored in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, holding Bachelor of Science degrees in both. I went to grad school to try to get a Master of Science degree in Computer Engineering, but was unable to finish (or start, for that matter) my thesis.
I ended up landing in a software development role, working with Salesforce starting in February of 2013.
Prior to developing on the Salesforce platform, most of my experience was volunteer work in PHP.
I jumped into Salesforce development with no Salesforce experience, and only a limited experience with Java and MVC architecture. It's been a bumpy ride at times, and I occasionally curse Salesforce for oddities that I run into.
I joined SFSE after attending a 'meet the moderators' session at Dreamforce 2015, and participating here has pushed my skills and knowledge far beyond what I would have otherwise achieved working on my small team of mostly 1 person.
I enjoy video games, spending entirely too much time watching people on twitch.tv, and have a very deep appreciation for pizza.
From time to time, I'll have a (programming) idea that others might characterize as being 'good'.
I've worked in a variety of programming/scripting/shell languages over the course of my education and career including:
- PHP (4 and 5)
- Scala (a proper subset thereof, a classroom language called COOL2012)
- MIPS RISC Assembly
Minneapolis, MN, United States
Member for 3 years, 11 months
36 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
Top network posts
- 27 Should we use process builder at all?
- 20 Reverse list in Apex
- 19 Is there a specific reason why we can't upcast Sets?
- 19 Authentication using JWT
- 16 Converting SQL to SOQL
- 13 What is the longest URI that Salesforce will accept through the REST API?
- 12 Is there a specific reason why we can't upcast Sets?
- View more network posts →